Sex Drugs Rock n Roll Teen Group
What are the favorite topics of parents and teens to discuss? Of course it’s sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll! Actually these are some of the most challenging topics parents and teens must consider. We all know teens will be faced with hard questions and a strong draw to these appealing activities. Yet why do we not discuss them? Understood in the wrong way these are the things that can derail a life. In an ideal world these topics should be as easy to talk about as the weather.
Our group leader is Elizabeth McGinnis, MA, AMFT. Elizabeth is a parent herself and, crazy as it may seem, loves talking about these topics with teens! This group will run for 6 sessions with the last session open to parents to join. Elizabeth will interview all teens who enter this group. This group will be super fun and interactive! It will be educational and provide a safe space for teens to open up and be honest about their feelings on these topics. Details are below and you can sign up or learn more using our group sign up form.
Sex Drugs Rock n’ Roll Group for Teens
6 sessions Online Video
The purpose of this group is to provide participants with the opportunity to work on the following goals:
- Connect with a community of fellow Veterans and Artists in the Bay Area.
- Explore and express inner feelings through an artistic medium.
- Explore the healing process through reflections, expression, and feedback.
Wednesdays from 4pm to 6pm
January 2020: 8, 15, 22, 29
February 2020: 5, 12, 19
March 2020: 4, 11, 18, 25
April 2020: 1
Teens and Parents
Elizabeth McGinnis, MA, APCC 4306
Supervised by Dr. Thomas Lucking, PhD, LMFT 97696
Type of Group
Open for first three sessions
After the THIRD session this group will be closed to new participants.
- $100 per session.
- Fees are payable by cash, check, or credit card. Insurance superbills are available for reimbursement according to your plan.
- Fees must be paid before or at the beginning of your first group session.
- All fees for all sessions are required to be paid before or at the beginning of the first session attended.
- Refunds are only granted for closed groups where you have paid for all sessions AND the group has not yet been closed to new members.
Ready to begin or want to learn more?
- Register or ask questions to learn more on the group sign-up form.