Step Parenting Group
Are you co-parenting your partner’s children? Does it create conflicts when it comes to authority and leadership in the family? How does your relationship with the children differ from your partner’s? Blended families can be challenging in a number of ways but parenting children is one of the most difficult.
Our group leader is Elizabeth McGinnis, MA, AMFT. Elizabeth is a step parent herself and knows these blended family challenges well. This group will run for 6 sessions with the last session open for partners to join. This group will be educational and provide a safe space for parents to share ideas and struggles with step parenting. Details are below and you can sign up or learn more using our group sign up form.
Parenting When You’re not the Parent Group
6 sessions Online Video
The purpose of this group is to provide participants with the opportunity to work on the following goals:
- Connect with a community of fellow Veterans and Artists in the Bay Area.
- Explore and express inner feelings through an artistic medium.
- Explore the healing process through reflections, expression, and feedback.
Wednesdays from 4pm to 6pm
January 2020: 8, 15, 22, 29
February 2020: 5, 12, 19
March 2020: 4, 11, 18, 25
April 2020: 1
Teens and Parents
Elizabeth McGinnis, MA, APCC 4306
Supervised by Dr. Thomas Lucking, PhD, LMFT 97696
Type of Group
Open for first three sessions
After the THIRD session this group will be closed to new participants.
- $100 per session.
- Fees are payable by cash, check, or credit card. Insurance superbills are available for reimbursement according to your plan.
- Fees must be paid before or at the beginning of your first group session.
- All fees for all sessions are required to be paid before or at the beginning of the first session attended.
- Refunds are only granted for closed groups where you have paid for all sessions AND the group has not yet been closed to new members.
Ready to begin or want to learn more?
- Register or ask questions to learn more on the group sign-up form.